No ads. No life stories. Just recipes.
Turkey Noodle Soup
- 1 turkey carcass
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- small handful celery leaves, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp. savory
- 1/4 tsp. marjoram
- 1/4 tsp. thyme
- 1/4 tsp. sage
- 1/4 tsp. curry powder
- salt and pepper
- 2 tsp. soya sauce
- 2 cups fine egg noodles
- chopped parsley
- Cover turkey carcass with cold water. Bring to a boil then simmer for several hours.
- Remove bones and meat from broth, chop meat, and return to broth.
- Cool broth and skim off fat.
- Return broth to boiling and add onion, celery leaves, seasonings, and soya sauce.
- Simmer gently for 3 hours. Add egg noodles 30 minutes before serving.
- Serve, topped with chopped parsley.
Serves 6 - 8.
Attribution: Turkey Noodle Soup by Ruth Anne Laverty, Listowel, Ontario. As found in The Harrowsmith Cookbook: Volume Number 1.