No ads. No life stories. Just recipes.
Pork Hock and Lima Bean Soup
- 1 lb. dry baby lima beans
- 2 pig's feet or pork hocks
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 4 onions, coarsely chopped
- several celery stalks, chopped
- Soak beans overnight in water to cover.
- Drain and combine with remaining ingredients.
- Add water and cook until the beans are tender and meat falls away from the bones.
Attribution: Pork Hock and Lima Bean Soup by V. Alice Hughes, Mariatown, Ontario. As found in The Harrowsmith Cookbook: Volume Number 1.