No ads. No life stories. Just recipes.
- 1 1/2 lbs. spinach, cooked, drained, and chopped
- 2 lbs. sole fillets, wiped dry
- 3 - 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- salt and pepper
- Place spinache in buttered casserole dish and lay fish on top.
- Saute mushrooms in 4 tbsp. butter. Sprinkle green onions and mushrooms on top of fish.
- Melt remaining 1/2 cup butter in heavy saucepan. Stir in flour and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Gradually add milk, stirring constantly. Bring to a boil, and cook until thick, 1 - 2 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour over fish and bake at 425°F for 15 - 20 minutes.
Attribution: Sole Florentine by Shelia Bear, St. John's, Newfoundland. As found in The Harrowsmith Cookbook: Volume Number 1.