No ads. No life stories. Just recipes.
- 1 qt. tomatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 - 6 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp. basil
- 1 tsp. oregano
- salt and pepper
- large bunch parsley, chopped
- 4 lbs. salmon, cut into 1 1/2 inch steaks
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 1 large lemon, thinly sliced
- Combine tomatoes, olive oil, garlic, basil, oregano, salt, pepper, and parsley in a saucepan and cook for 15 minutes.
- Transfer sauce and salmon steaks to baking dish so that steaks are at least half submerged in sauce. Arrange onion and lemon slices on top.
- Cover and bake at 325°F for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake a further 30 minutes.
Serves 6 - 8.
Attribution: Salmon Mediterranean by Chris Ferris, Lasqueti Island, B.C. As found in The Harrowsmith Cookbook: Volume Number 1.