No ads. No life stories. Just recipes.
Fish in Beer Batter
- 12 - 14 oz. flat beer
- 3 tbsp. Thousand Island dressing
- whole wheat flour
- white flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp tarragon
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. parsley
- 1/4 tsp. dill
- salt and pepper
- 9 fish fillets (bass, perch, pickerel)
- Pour beer into a large mixing bowl, add the dressing and beat until it breaks into tiny particles.
- Slowly mix in flour, using white and whole wheat in proportion to suit your taste, breaking up lumps until batter is thick and adheres to a wooden spoon.
- Add baking powder and seasonings. Let sit for 30 minutes.
- Dip fillets in batter and fry or deep fry until golden brown and crisp. Drain and serve.
Attribution: Fish in Beer Batter by Roly Kleer, Pickle Lake, Ontario. As found in The Harrowsmith Cookbook: Volume Number 1.